Thursday 13 November 2014

Free play for toddler

It has been ages since I post anything here.
Sorry been lazy bit. LOL
Well I am going to talk about Free Play and the importance of it.
A lot of times we forgot how important free play it is to a child especially toddler;
they learn a lot from free play.
Imagination play an important role in free play
and many times creativity sneaks out from there.
There are many types of Sensory bins that we can think of for free play.
Here is one simple ones.
As you can see here, I use some flour, a spoon and a car;
I place all of it on a tray, there you go viola!
My LO play for it for about an hour....
well yes it is really messy in the end,
that is why if you can do it outdoor!
Skills learn include:
Fine motor skills in spooning and pouring.
Hands on play to feel the touch of powdery flour.
My toddler did try to blow the flour and see it fly all over.
I let him do it for fun as I am prepared for a messy play.

After all the scooping and pouring and flour fly all over;
time to clean up!
I pour all the flour on the floor for him to step on it!
This was really fun for him,
and yes you must restrict the area he can roam around!
Otherwise the whole house would be a mess!
Hope you can try this out with your little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment