Wednesday 13 November 2013

The Gratitude / Thankful Jar Game

It's nearly end of the year, so time to teach some gratitude to our little ones!
A lot of people will link it to Thanksgiving and other festival;
as I do not really celebrate Thanksgiving, but I want to teach my child about
Gratitude, Being appreciative and Respect. 
So here it is, The Thankful Jar!
Things that you need:
Colourful Paper
Sharpies
A Jar
*Stickers - optional

Now begin to write sentences like:
I am Thankful for............
I am Grateful for.............
Well, one can be thankful for anything at all actually.
After that, I ask my little one to think what she wants
to do for that person, pet, thing, etc....
Then I write it down below and ask her to decorate it with some stickers!

Then I ask her to fold it up herself and put it in the jar.
Now, it's all done, but you still can decorate the jar itself
with your own favourite cloth or ribbons!
 
Now we start playing the game every single day in the morning.
She will need to pick a piece of the paper from the jar,
and do what she is requested on the paper.
Example:
"I am thankful to grandpa for buying me ice-cream!"
*Action: I will give grandpa a big Hug!
Then she will need to do that on that particular day!
 
Feeling excited now? My girl is!
Hope you will like this activity!
 
I have got this idea from, and modify a bit: 
Gratitude Activity Jar by Inner Child Fun
 
Feeling Gratitude and not
Expressing it is like wrapping
a present and not giving it.
~ William Arthur Ward
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment