Monday 18 November 2013

Wording dice game for kids.

Here is something that I have created for my Screen-Free mission!
My 4 year old has started to do some reading and writing,
so I intended to do some revision with her.
This is what I come out with after spotting an
interesting Art dice game! (Which you may want to try too!)
Well nevertheless, this is what I did. 
First I got some black wooden square blocks and
painted them in some pastel colours.
I have 6 different colours for each side.
I asked my 4 year old to help, and she did only the pink!
I did the rest..... lol.

After that I use different colour sharpies to write on the cubes.
I have asked my child simple questions like:
1. How do you feel?
2. What animal do you like?
3. What body parts can you name?
4. What kind of action words you can think of?
5. Name the colour.
6. What kind of pattern you can think of?
7. Name different type of skin for the animals.
8. Describe the sizes.
Well, you can come out with many different descriptions too! 
I also did ask my girl to try to spell simple words.
Of course, she must able to understand all the words written too.

Now, we start playing by rolling
the dice and stacked it up accordingly.
I would help her on the arrangement
of words; which one come first and all.
She just love stacking it up, using
some of the motor skills here too!

After that, I would ask her to copy the sentence on
an exercise book; draw it and colour it!
Also I ask her to read each word accordingly.
She totally enjoyed this and wanted to play again!

So this is the second sentence that she come out with!
I use a lot of descriptions here, but you can try it differently.
Also I might add in some sight words for her to learn as well.
 
I hope this gives you some inspirations!
Thanks for stopping by.
If you try this differently don't mind sharing it here too!

No comments:

Post a Comment